The following is a snapshot of the village in 1822, taken from a local directory published in the same year.
Witley, (Great) – a parish in the hundred of Doddingtree, lower division, 9 miles N.N.W. from Worcester, and 122 from London; containing 79 inhabited houses. The church is contiguous to the mansion-house of Lord Foley, from which there is an entrance out of the billiard room by a gallery, which is fitted up as a pew for the family. Over the fire place is a monumental tablet to the memory of Thomas Foley, Esq., who founded the charity school at Old-Swinford. This church is considered the most elegant of any one in the kingdom: the decorations were purchased at the sale at Canons, which took place after the death of the Duke of Chandos. The ceiling is a fine piece of workmanship, executed by Verrio, who painted the staircase at Windsor. The living is a rectory; Rev. W. A. Foley, incumbent; instituted 1820; patron, Lord Foley. Population, 1801, 425 – 1811, 414 – 1821, 354.
More information like this can be seen at parishmouse.co.uk
Witley Court, the seat of Lord Foley, stands at the foot of Woodbury-hill, in the midst of an extensive park, and consists of a centre and two projecting wings, built in a very superb and modern style of architecture, surrounded by young plantations judiciously arranged; it stands on the left of the road leading to Ludlow, 10 miles from Worcester.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.