The area known as Redmarley is situated on the north eastern edge of Great Witley.
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson’s Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Redmarley as ‘a hamlet in Great Witley parish, Worcester; 5½ miles, S W of Stourport. Real property, £3, 728. Pop., 60’.
The original manors of Redmarley considted of Redmarley Oliver, and Redmarley Adam.
The name Redmarley is thought to originate from the red marley soil, and nowadays it is probably best known for the Redmarley Hill Climb: