The following is a snapshot of the village in 1905, taken from a local directory published in the same year.
Distances – 10 ½ miles NW of Worcester, 5 ½ SW of Stourport.
Postal Information – Post, Telegraph, Money Order and Savings’ Bank Office; Mrs. Selina Moule, Sub-Postmistress. Letters arrive from Stourport at 7.15 a.m. and 3.30 p.m.; despatched at 5.25 p.m. Post town, Stourport. Wall Letter-box at Hillhampton cleared at 5.15 p.m. week-days only.
Parish Church (St. Michael and All Angels) – Rev. Horace G. Monroe, M.A., Rector; Rev. F. W. Moore, B.A., Curate; J. M Baker and A. Young, Churchwardens. Harry Oakes, Organist.
Chapel of Ease, The Village – Services held on Sunday afternoons and evenings, Rev. Horace Monroe or his Curate officiates.
Elementary School (boys and girls) – William Wall, Head Master.
Great Whitey Institute – William Cooke, Hon. Sec.
St. Michael’s Chapel of Ease, Little Witley – Rev. H. Monroe, M.A., Rector; A. Weaver, Chapelwarden; J. Parsons, Organist.
Elementary School (boys and girls), Little Witley – C. W. Edmonds, Master.
Austen John, Hundred House Hotel, Great Witley, Private apartments for visitors. Posting in all its branches. C.T.C. quarters. Good stabling accommodation. Ales, wines, and spirits of the best quality.
Averill Leonard, farm ballet to the Earl of Dudley, Home farm.
Bache John, farmer and hop gr., Walsgrove
Baker John M., farmer, Dingle farm
Bartlett Charles H., White house
Bishop Fred., farmer, Well farm, Little Witley
Blackwell Edward, Hillhampton
Bride John B., forester to the Earl of Dudley
Carpenter John, cooper, Great Witley
Cocum John, blacksmith, Little Witley
Colebatch T., Bank farm, Great Witley
Cooke William, clerk of works to the Right Hon. The Earl of Dudley
Crane Richard, farmer, Little Witley
Dudley The Right Hon. Earl of, D.L., Witley Court
Edmonds C. W., schoolmaster, School house, Little Witley
Findlay James, Wulstans farm hill
Footman John, shoemaker, Little Witley
Fryer Mrs. A., superior furnished apartments, Rose cottage, Great Witley. Pleasantly situated close to Abberley and Woodbury hills. Visitors and cyclists specially catered for.
Fryer Edward, shoeing and general smith
Glover Percy Andrew, relieving officer and registrar of births and deaths
Goode Charles, farmer and dairyman
Goodwin A. W., tailor, assistant overseer and clerk to Parish Council, Great Witley
Green George, baker and grocer
Greensill Edward Samuel, surgeon
Limbrick H., haulier, Great Witley
Limbrick J., carpenter, Great Witley
Martin Elizabeth, Woodbury hill farm, Great Witley
Milton John, baker, &c.
Monroe Rev. Horace G., M.A. (rector), The Rectory
Moore Rev. F. W., B.A., Little Witley
Moss Joseph, farmer, Hillhampton
Moule Mrs. Selina, sub-postmistress and shopkeeper, Pots office
Mytton W. C., Park farm, Great Witley; res., Prickley
Presdee Walter, The Lodge, Little Witley
Proudman Garner Richard, farmer and hop grower, Redmarley farm
Proudman Robert A., farmer and hop grower, Hill house
Seale John, gamekeeper to the Earl of Dudley, Great Witley
Tolley Sarah, Easthope farm, Great Witley
Turner John, head gardener to F.W. Jones, Great Witley
Tyler Albert, Cottage farm, Great Witley
Wall William, head master of Elementary School, School house
Walters Sergeant J., Police station, Great Witley
Weaver Albert, farmer, Little Witley
Wheildon Joseph, Lippitt’s farm, Great Witley
White Alfred John, farmer, Little Witley
Young Arthur, head gardener to the Right Hon. The Earl of Dudley
Source: Littlebury’s Directory of Worcester & District. Tenth Edition. Printed and Published by Littlebury & Company, The Worcester Press, Worcester. 1905.
More information like this can be seen at parishmouse.co.uk